There ins’t much input to add to the epic-ness of Oxheart. Just to whet your palette here is a list of just some of their accomplishments.
- Included on Southern Living‘s list of 100 Places to Eat Now (2013).
- Named one of the Best New Restaurants in the American South and one of the 70 best in the world by Conde Nast Traveler (2013).
- Sommelier Justin Vann named one of Food & Wine‘s Sommeliers of the Year (2013).
- Named James Beard Award semifinalist for Best New Restaurant (2013).
- Chef Justin Yu named James Beard Award semifinalist for Rising Star Chef of the Year (2013).
- Included on GQ‘s list of the 12 Outstanding Restaurants of 2013.
- Named one of the 12 Best New Restaurants in Texas by Texas Monthly (2013).
- Included on Food & Wine‘s list of the Best New Places to Drink Wine (2012).
- Included on Bon Appetit‘s Hot 10, a list of the Top 10 Best New Restaurants in the U.S. (2012).
- Named one of the 5 Hottest Restaurants Openings of 2012 by GQ.
Understand now? Good.
A little bit about Chef Justin Yu, he has worked some of the country’s most notable restaurants such as *17 in Houston, Green Zebra and Spring Restaurants in Chicago, and Ubuntu in Napa. After staging abroad at In de Wulf in Dranouter, Belgium and AOC and Geranium Restaurants in Copenhagen, Denmark, Justin has come home to open Oxheart to convey a progressive perspective on regional product. In his free time, Justin enjoys hamburgers, traveling, money cats and making side bets on fantasy football leagues. He is known for the unfathomable flavors he can extract from vegetables, which puts Oxheart as one of the top resturants in the country.
At Oxheart there are only 3 choices of menus. The four course, the four course garden menu (strictly vegetarian) and the seven course tasting menu priced at $49 and $79 respectively.